>Have you studied the Lawandy paper?

>http://apl.aip.org/applab/v95/i23/p234101_s1?view=fulltext&bypassSSO=1

>I suggest it is the most important insight available in explaining what is
>happening with nano-nickel.

When this was first mentioned in 2010, I wrote to Lawandy suggesting that
dielectric breakdown could be a problem. I cc'd vortex at the time, so my
messages should be in the archives. The dates are 4-7 July 2010. The subject
was: "Interactions of charged particles on surfaces".

I still don't think his theory is realistic (see in particular my post of 7
July.)

Robin,

Lawandy's reply to you is exactly on target IMO:

the "space" between the ion and the surface is just the electron cloud at
the surface... there is nothing to breakdown.

This builds on the voluminous experimental work of Arnold Kelly where the
electron charge builds up on a strong dielectric surface first, followed by
the positive ion. If there were going to breakdown, Kelly would have seen it
in actual experiment, and did not.

Perhaps you don't like it because you prefer the hydrino explanation better?
:)

Jones