07:38:42 -0500:
Hi,
[snip]
>> Maximally shrinking 0.11 gm of H2 would therefore yield 752 kWh of energy,
>> about  ~30 times what was actually measured. Furthermore the calculation
>of the
>> amount of Hydrogen measured assumes that none was absorbed by the Ni
>during filling
>> of  the reactor, which probably isn't true. IOW there may actually have
>been more
>> than 0.11 gm of H present in the reactor.
>
>Woah! "...~30 times what was measured."  Did I read that correctly?

Yes.

>You're
>theorizing that hydrino formation can't be entirely ruled out as the source
>of the heat?

Not only can't it be ruled out, I think it is very likely the case given the
magical level of 24.

In fact I suspect the mechanism is as follows:

A fast particle splits a Hydrino molecule into two Hydrinos. Since these are in
intimate contact with metals, they rapidly each acquire a free electron forming
Hy-. Each of these then eventually migrates to the surface of the metal where it
reacts with a neutral Hydrogen atom (in the ground state; such as is likely to
be found on the surface of Ni), expelling a fast electron as the Hydrino
molecule is formed. (The electron that gets expelled is the ground state
electron of the Hydrogen atom). Because the Hy- is small, heavy, and negatively
charged, this process is analogous to the formation of muonic molecules from
ordinary Hydrogen.

The binding energy of a level 24 Hydrino with a proton is > 8000 eV, so there is
plenty of energy available to strip the electron from a Hydrogen atom (and send
it on it's way with more than enough energy to split other Hydrino molecules).

Because level 24 is the smallest Hydrino than can still form a Hydride, this
mechanism though a very fast means of producing Hydrinos at level 24 can't
produce Hydrinos any smaller than this.
At level 24 the energy required to split a molecule is about 1.2 keV / Hydrino,
while the energy obtained from creating a new Hydrino is about 8 keV). These two
figures combined yield a ratio of about 7, which may explain why Rossi wants to
configure his reactor with an amplification factor of about 8. ;)

The fast amplification mechanism, combined with the restriction to level 24
ensure that eventually the vast majority of Hydrinos present are at this level.

BTW at 8 keV / H, the oceans of the Earth would supply all our energy needs at
the current rate of use for 263 billion years. :)
(Perhaps needless to say, we will no longer be around to enjoy it, nor will the
Earth itself, which is due to be vaporized by a red giant Sun in about 5 billion
years time.)
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk