Hi,

On 10-5-2011 17:03, Jed Rothwell wrote:
noone noone wrote:

2) They could try to tax every vehicle that uses the E-Cat. They could state, "Since we are losing revenue from taxes on gasoline, we will need to add an upfront tax on every E-Cat powered vehicle. Otherwise, we will not be able to pay to maintain the roads."

This is already becoming an issue, with high efficiency hybrid vehicles and electric vehicles. I think three solutions are available:

1. Tax odometer use. This would trigger a lot of cheating and broken odometers! I do not think a GPS solution would be cost effective or workable, although some insurance companies offer discounts to people who seldom drive and can prove it with vehicle-mounted GPS monitors.

This is one of the (major) reasons why Europe is working on the Galileo satellite project.

Kind regards,

MoB