The Soret effect and isotopic fractionation in high-temperature silicate melts
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html
[snip]Furthermore, large enhancements in the relative concentrations of heavy
isotopes have been observed at the cold end of such
gradients5<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref5>,
 6<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref6>,
14<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref14>,

15<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref15>,

16<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref16>.
 In principle, observations of elemental and isotopic gradients in geochemical
melts could provide further insight into the Soret effect, but the lack of a
theoretical model prevents
this10<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref10>,

16<http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v473/n7345/full/nature09911.html#ref16>.
 Empirical descriptions treat the mass flux associated with a thermal gradient
as [/snip]

Re: [Vo]:Rossi uses sputtering like MAHG

Alan Fletcher
Sat, 21 May 2011 18:32:33 -0700

An alternative translation of Rossispeak

http://www.talk-polywell.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2829&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1560&sid=1bcf396d7381efeaaafd9b9d81c8e298

raphael : Here's what Rossi was attempting to say:

To assert that we are enriching Ni powders in the conventional manner would be

tantamount to asserting, absurdly, that we have invented either hot water or,

in 2010, the then-long-familiar process of sputtering.