On 2011-06-08 02:13, Jed Rothwell wrote:
[...]
I do not believe that is possible in any case. As I said, I assume this
material destroys itself when it is exposed to air. I doubt this is not
something Rossi designed; it is in the nature of a highly reactive catalyst.

Read here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/EssenHexperiment.pdf

" [...] Startup. Prior to startup, the hydrogen bottle with a nominal pressure of 160 bars was connected for a short moment to the device to pressurize the fuel container to about 25 bars. The air of atmospheric pressure was remaining in the container as a small impurity."

If the hydrogen is in contact with the catalyst, then air was too in this test and it didn't seem to have rendered the reactor inoperable, at least in the short term or while the Swedes were looking.

Cheers,
S.A.