Geezus Josh, you're grasping at straws... and obviously flawed ones at that.

First:
It should be COMPELETLY obvious that we're talking about the
behavior/performance of the system at
steady-state -- NOT start-up.  Start-up is only a transient state and
performance calcs are made on
measurements taken during steady-state, not start-up.

Yes, of course the liquid water must fill-up the entire device and flows out of
the chimney during
the start-up phase...

Second:
You wrote:
"We know there are no baffles stopping liquid, because water runs through it
before it is boiling."

You comment here really makes me question your objectivity at least, if not
your intelligence.
Baffles inside the chimney would not significantly impede the water (liquid or
vapor) flow up and
out of the chimney!  I find it hard to believe that you don't understand what
baffles are...

-Mark

  _____