On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Craig Haynie <cchayniepub...@gmail.com>wrote:

> would not flow out of the ecat into the room.
>
> As I understand the operation, fluid does not flow out. Steam is venting
> from a hole in the device.

Steam is a fluid. I don't know about a hole in the device other than the one
the hose is connected to, but the reason steam vents to the room is because
the pressure in the device is higher than in the room. A ball rolls
downhill, and fluid flows down pressure. Of course gravity affects fluid
flow too, but the ecat has to push the fluid up first, meaning still higher
pressure is needed.

> Therefore, the pressure should be 'near' room
> pressure.

Near, maybe, but higher, definitely. It doesn't need to be very much higher
to increase the boiling point a little. It only takes 30 cm of water depth
to increase the bp by one degree C.

> So perhaps the disagreement on pressure is simply a
> communication issue.

If Rossi uses a slightly elevated bp as evidence of dry steam, then the
issue is more than communication. The fact that the temperature is perfectly
flat indicates the steam is at, not above, the boiling point.