JC wrote:
"Have I got it straight? Because if so, then I think the idea is whacked. If
not -- if you think the
ecat *can* produce intermediate powers --  please try to explain what would
come out of the ecat if
it were producing 2 kW power (in the Krivit demo). Presumably, if there is no
forbidden region, it
must pass that power level."

I would bet that at this time, and from comments made about 'calibrating' the
production units, the
input water flow rate is determined by each eCat's reactor characteristics...
you can't just use any
flow rate with a specific reactor and have it perform as claimed.  I.e., they
can more or less
deposit the Ni powder in a way that scales the reaction rate up or down to some
degree, but the flow
rate that allows it to run at the cusp of the phase diagram (Point-C on the
diagram I posted in the
last few weeks) varies with each reactor and thus they have to do some testing
to determine exactly
what input water flow rate matches the reactors heat production rate and will
maintain a fairly
constant water level in the lower section of the chimney.  If the flow rate it
too high then water
will build up in the chimney and overflow, if the rate is too low then the
water level will decrease
and eventually fall below the top of the reactor. The resistance heaters then
give them the
fine-tuning needed to maintain a constant water level.

-Mark