Hi All,

I have been trying to replicate the E-Cat transmutations in an open-source
kind of way and I'm ready to start asking the community for suggestions on
how to proceed.

I have two identical reactors that I can pressurize with hydrogen up to 20
bars and heat to 300C. I can measure, graph, and log the temperatures of the
two units as they are heated in parallel. One unit contains Ni powder, the
other sand, and I am trying to replicate the transmutation of the nickel.
(My whole setup is <$2K)

My first few experiments have been with just 30nm nickel powder and hydrogen
at 8-9 bar pressure heated to 250C. So far, nothing obvious that suggests a
reaction. I do not have radiation detection or a spectrometer, so I can only
watch for a temperature difference.

The two main unknowns are prepping the Ni powder and the mystery
catalyst(s).

My understanding is that the Ni should be "degassed" to remove oxides, or
otherwise processed. Besides leaving my samples under 8.5 bars (120psi) of H
pressure for a few days, I have not tried any preparation. (Isotopic
enrichment is not an option.)

 I do have a vacuum pump, but don't have a step-by-step recipe for
"degassing" or "hydrogen loading". Suggestions welcome. Anyone know how to
create tubercles on Ni powder?!

The mystery catalyst list of possible suspects include:
Ti, C, MnO2, Mn, Co, Na, NaO, Li, LiO, K, KO...

Does the catalyst convert hydrogen to H+? Is there something else to try?

What would you like to see tried for a catalyst?

I created a simple wordpress blog where I will try to follow replicators. (
ecatbuilder.com) I will write about my research and say what works and what
doesn't. Hope to hear from those with constructive ideas for experiments. If
you know of professional or novice replicators, please let me know.

- Brad