Hi Damon,

> I hope your piping is better than class 150, and your fittings better than
> schedule 40. Preferably you would want to use class 3000 pipe and schedule
> 80 fittings of 316/316L stainless steal. The strength of stainless steal

Thank you for the safety concern. I'm using schedule 40 pipe and
fittings. I looked at schedule 160, but the fittings are hard to find
and expensive.. so instead, I assume my rig could explode and stay
100m away when heating.

I run my experiments remotely using LabView via Remote Desktop and a
solid state relay to turn on/off the heat.

Also, I can monitor the pressure gauges from my webcam, and so far I
haven't seen any real pressure increase when increasing the temp from
20 to 250C.

Will try some simple and safe catalysts next. (Mg,Ti, MnO2)

- Brad