Hi Axil: As usual, very interesting.. and way over my head.. Dimpling
and bringing something up to the temperature of melting stainless
steel is beyond my ability.. but hopefully others are listening and
can try..

I'm not sure that powder coating the reactor wall is required to get
transmutation. Exactly how much Ni powder is in a reactor is
undisclosed, but in the presumably reviewed by Rossi paper
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=473 (30% of Ni transmutes
to Cu) it says “One hundred grams of nickel powder can power a 10 kW
unit for a minimum of six months”. How do you put 100 grams of Ni on
the surface of the 50cm3 reactor wall? Maybe a rolled tube of material
powder coated with Ni. For manufacturing purposes, some kind of
mass-produced roll of material seems plausible.. but again, Rossi
showed a sample of Nickel powder that had been used in a reaction...
and I assume it wasn't scraped off the reactor.

I don't expect I can get Rossi level results, but I would be thrilled
if I or anyone could get a few measurable degrees difference, or some
other type of confirmation that transmutation is occurring. For now,
my pile of Ni powder in steel wool is all I can do.. but would be
happy to accept any Ni samples that might have tubercles on them!

As far as lithium and potassium catalysts, does that mean just raw K
or Li or should I use KH or LiH? Or something else?

Thanks for your insight.
- Brad