At 10:52 AM 8/7/2011, noone noone wrote:
Perhaps Rossi saw how far they had advanced the technology, and got spooked.

We don't know the whole story. We don't know what is true at this point.

Before there is any sign that Defkalion is making a move, Rossi announces that he's terminating the contract. Then he talks about his attorney's being active. At what?

Speculation: at suing Defkalion for stealing the technology.

Speculation: indeed, with a lot of money, trivial to break in to Rossi's facilities and take an E-cat, examine it thoroughly, and return it undetected. All it takes is money to hire the talent that knows very well how to do that. Could be Russia, indeed.

I'd considered Rossi's strategy, relying upon "industrial secret," to be hopeless from the beginning, and I said so. He has effectively invalidated his own patent by not disclosing a necessary element, the catalyst.

Rossi's "eccentricity" may well have demolished his fortunes. Lots of people, believing him, advised him differently, but he chose to ignore all that.

Time will tell.