> What makes you think there is a catalyst?
That was my thought too... That even without a catalyst or loading of
hydrogen into the nickel, a few degrees of excess heat could be gotten
with a low-cost replication attempt. I tried and got no results at
20bars of hydrogen and 250C heat. I also used activated charcoal and
other methods to increase the exposed nickel surface area. So.. there
is at least some "trick" to get a reaction. On the other hand, maybe
the catalyst is one of the many previously "guessed" at and is known
by Defkalion.

People, if you have the means to attempt replication, please join the fun...
- Brad Lowe