On Sep 3, 2011, at 7:06 AM, Peter Heckert wrote:

[snip]

Thanks for all the good information.

There has also been some confusion about the voltage. Sometimes they say 220V and sometimes 230V. This is easily explained: In earlier times some countries in europe used 220V and some used 240V. European union tries to harmonize the situation and so, some years ago we went here in germany from 220 to 230V. But 220 V devices are still in use and they work. 220V is the old standard and 230V is the new standard, and normally thes are compatible.
I think, they have the same situation in Italy.

Best,

Peter

If the power actually is 230 V instead of 220 V then the power would be about 9% higher than estimated (not that important). If 240 V instead of 220 V, then power is off by 19%. I guess Mats Lewan's work would also not have this problem though.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/