http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article3264365.ece/BINARY/Report+E-cat+test+September+7+%28pdf%29, I have to laugh at the hydrogen weight measurement in the Nyteknik Preliminary Report. The report a 2.7 gram drop in weight after filling with hydrogen. But an average air molecule weighs about 28 whereas hydrogen at 60 bar weighs 120 so you should see a gain. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jouni Valkonen" <jounivalko...@gmail.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:E-cat news at Nyteknik

These test results are indeed difficult to explain. I have one
question to those who have some or partial expert knowledge on steam
engineering: Does they use superheated steam or steam that is at
boiling point of local pressure? My guess is latter of course.

However, I cannot explain 130°C temperature if assumed low pressure
inside E-Cat, because specific temperature of steam is just too low so
that it could produce such a smooth temperature graph. E.g. input
power cut off should cause huge bump into graph. Smooth temperature
graph should be only plausible, if steam temperature is regulated by
the boiling point at local pressure. But for 130°C/170 kPa pressure
requirements are quite high, higher than in autoclave, although it is
not out of question. Also 5 kg/h water collected from outlet, is
consistent that 60-80% of water was evaporated, just like previous
e-Cat experiments (excluding March experiment). This would support the
idea that steam temperature is regulated by boiling point temperature
at local pressure.

Could someone calculate the size of orifice for steam exit, to explain
130°C temperature corresponding 170 kPa over pressure? If it is
assumed that E-Cat produces steam in ca. 9 kW total power. Using
previous E-Cat demonstrations as reference, it should be quite small,
just few millimeters. Unlike what Mats Lewan estimated, I think that
it may be big enough to enable water to overflow, as pump pumps water
with sufficient pressure. Also I have not yet carefully studied the
data, but I would guess that 170 kPa over pressure could explain why
the water pumping rate was decreased after E-Cat started operating,
because pump pumps water only with 300 kPa pressure IIRC.

But, this seems more plausible 1MW production plant. I think that
later development can boost individual module output power at least
few orders of magnitude. It should be possible, if sufficient cooling
is arranged, that there is 1 GW power plant fitted to the similar
sized container. Anyways, my confidence for E-Cat has increased
somewhat due to this new experiment. This really is starting to look
commercially viable prototype. This would also decrease the main
problem with Rossi that he chose very irrational method for bringing
this cat out of the closed. He really seems to be ready to go directly
into market without spending lots of public resources for R&D.

–Jouni