Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I take an old blacksmith's anvil.  I warm it in a kiln over two day to
> roughly orange-hot (it is going to hold this heat for a LONG time,
> especially if well-insulated).

It will be orange hot after about 10 minutes. It will reach the terminal
temperature and not store any more heat over the next 47 hours and 50
minutes. You might as well conduct your test right away.

The specific heat of iron is 0.46 kJ/kg per degree K. You can calculate how
much heat it is storing at a given temperature. It is nowhere near enough to
explain the performance of the eCat.

The energy expended in getting the anvil up to "operating temperature" would
> more than balance this equation, and is necessary beyond a doubt.  Think of
> it as potential energy, just like a coiled spring or a raised weight.

While the eCat is "warming up," nearly all of the heat that goes in comes
right out. Nothing is stored. The heat is balanced. There is no endothermic
phase, so there is not storage.