I think he ought to run it for a few hours and then put it in self-sustain
mode, which I assume means no power to the internal resistance heater(s), and
then let’s HOPE that it becomes unstable and goes critical!

I say, let it melt-down…

With no input power, and coolant flowing, there is absolutely no alternative
explanation to explain the extreme temperatures that would results, and when
the post-mortem examination reveals a molten mass of Nickel.

I can hear it now… the skeptics will argue that we can’t get any first-hand
data since all the eye-witnesses were killed when it exploded!

As for predictions, it’s now or never; make or break for Rossi…

Given the track record, I’m not holdin’ my breath, but got my fingers crossed!

-mark