> I would like to point out that if it were a battery, then it
> would have been hidden and pre-charged before anyone came into
> the room. There would be no need to charge it up in front of
> everyone then.

I guess I should have referred to it as a 'battery'. That cylinder
of nickel powder could have been 'charged' before the demo for all
we know; maybe without the 'pre-charge', it would only have lasted
for one hour instead of 3.5.

Here is an inventor and entrepreneur, who intends to have a 1MW
system running within 3 weeks, and who gives a demo of one of the
modules, and does it in a way that can only engender skepticism
and ridicule.

There is no reason I can think of why Rossi would not do his best
for this demo, but what he came up with was almost a joke,
presumably because he could not come up with anything better.