On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Mauro Lacy <ma...@lacy.com.ar> wrote:

> On 11/06/2011 05:07 PM, Peter Heckert wrote:
>
>> Am 06.11.2011 18:36, schrieb Peter Gluck:
>>

>>> What I wrote is connected to  a subject more popular here these days.
>>> The future is unknown, but perhaps it could be useful to )re) read the
>>> play OXYGEN by Djerassi and Hoffman
>>> http://www.djerassi.com/**oxygen11/oxygen.htm<http://www.djerassi.com/oxygen11/oxygen.htm>
>>> I have translated it in Romanian but the text was lost due to a
>>> hard-disk crash.
>>> It gives an answer to the question: who has discovered oxygen? Not an
>>> absolute answer.
>>>

>> There cannot be an absolute answer. There are many answers, some
>> competing, some not.
>> This is a little bit like the question "Were is the spring of the river
>> Nil?".
>> In reality rivers have many springs and one mouth end. (There are
>> exceptions)
>>
>> A big problem is, when you discover something new then it has no name.
>> So, how talk about this?
>> Many did research phlogiston at this time, this was the prevalent
>> theorie and might have discovered oxygen and might have described its
>> behaviour correctly, but the term "oxygen" did not exist and the physics
>> and chemistry of gases was unknown.
>> So there where no possibility to put this discovery into a wider
>> context. The language needed for this did not exist.
>> They would have used the name "phlogiston" or other names and so their
>> description is not understandable nowadays.
>>
>> So far I know, Lavoisier was the first who made documented quantitative
>> measurements for oxidation and burning. He might not be this person that
>> first discovered oxygen, but he developed these methods needed to prove
>> and measure and predict its existence.
>>

> Exactly. He took a quantitative approach, carefully weighting before and
> after the combustion, and found out that the end products were heavier than
> the combustible, and that lead in turn to the discovery of oxygen(in modern
> scientific terms), and to the abandonment of the phlogiston theory.
> But take notice that it was the quantitative approach, and particularly,
> weighting, what leads to the modern discovery of oxygen. Moreover: when you
> consider all the results of a combustion (not only those that have weight)
> you can easily conclude that there's indeed something that is escaping
> during the combustion, namely, in the form of light and warmth. Not that I
> want to sustain or defend the phlogiston theory, (that's far from my
> intention), but please take notice that a combustion is in fact something
> involving more than just matter in the ordinary sense.
> In a sense, the cherished modern notion of a combustion like just the
> encounter of a combustible and an oxidizer, is just a partial truth(the
> part that can be weighted), whereas the whole process is composed by much
> more than that, and certainly involves something similar to the old,
> discredited, phlogiston.

> [...]
        The first scientific document of the field is;

         F. Piantelli:
" Anomalous Energy Production in Experiments
  with H absorbed in particular metallic lattice.
  Atti Accad Fisiocritici, Seri XV, Tomo xxII pp 89-98 (1993)

 In 1993-4 Piantelli started to work with Focardi and Habel, possible   not
a very good decision (in retrospective)

  What I consider essential- the effect is not specific for Nickel,
actually it is Transition Metals LENR. I am very curious which will be
the *Best
Ten LENR Energy Sources in 2025. *I have Internet connection (and minibar)
installed for my grave, so I'll know it..
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania