Ok a good call. No micros inside. When Rossi's tech was getting ready to open the module, he wipes away a lot of white powder that was sitting on top of the top metal plate. Do you think the powder might have been powered Boric Acid placed all around the E-Cat as a neutron shield?

AG

On 11/10/2011 6:39 PM, peter.heck...@arcor.de wrote:
I think its unlikely that semiconductors are inside.
At the september demo the temperature was 120° and if 3 cores are in opereation
I would expect more.
A single case of overheating would damage the system and Rossi claims a maximum
temp of abaout 450°.
Also all these gamma and possibly neutron bursts that have been observed could
degrade the semiconductors.

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Aussie Guy E-Cat<aussieguy.e...@gmail.com>
An:      vortex-l@eskimo.com
Datum:   10.11.2011 05:38
Betreff: [Vo]:Inside the inner box

I have been thinking about what should be inside the inner box as the
heat transfer from the reactor core to the fluid is no longer done
inside the door knob like reactor.

Rossi says there are 3 cores inside each module and that is all he says.
I would suggest he may have encased all the cores inside a solid lead
slab like structure with a thermal interface compound applied to the top
and bottom surfaces so as to thermally transfer the heat into the upper
and assumed lower fin assemblies. What we see with the bolts is the
upper surface of the heat exchanger assembly and likely an identical
assembly (why make it different) on the bottom. The lead slab with the
embedded cores is then sandwiched inside and between the heat exchanger
fin assemblies. I also suggest as he said the 1 MW demo was only running
on 1 core per module, he has a was to activate and deactivate the
internal cores as desired. This adds additional weight to my belief that
the "RF Wires" are actually multi core shielded cable or if not he maybe
running a power line comms system that delivers both power and 2 way
data to the 3 cores. Easy to do today, especially if he has a micro
inside to assist the core control and do data logging that can be later
accessed for analysis.

Having a solid lead slab structure would aid modular maintenance and
module fuel replacement as all the the maintenance guys would need do is
replace the lead slab with the 3 embedded reactor cores, which would
then be returned to Rossi for replacement of the fuel.

  From the weight of the E-Cat module, there is more inside the boxes
than just 3 door knob reactors, a bit of piping, fins, walls and a few
nuts and bolts.