On 11-11-10 10:34 AM, Andrea Selva wrote:
Please note how far from the heat exchanger the Tin probe has been placed.
Why didn't he place it closer like the Tout one ?

This should be obvious, I would think, and doesn't seem especially strange. You want the Tin probe relatively far from the heat source, so you get a "true" reading of the inflow temperature.

Conversely, you want the Tout probe right up against the effluent exit port, to avoid losing any heat due to radiation/conduction from the outlet hose between the place it leaves the exchanger and the location of the probe.

There may be problems with the placement of Tout due to other factors but the basic notion of putting it hard up against the heat exchanger seems totally innocent.