>>  And most of all, it seems to be a serious problem for Rossi to get an
>> E-cat to one of the two universities he promised them too.  I wish Rossi's
>> butt were somehow a bit more resistant to pain.
>
> He ran out of money and couldn't pay Bologna. If he really collected E2M he
> should be able to pay them soon. If so, it will show up on their official
> site.

I understand that an extensive research effort to determine the
mechanism by which the device purportedly works would be expensive and
time consuming.  The estimate of $500,000 and a year is entirely
reasonable.  But how long would it take to reproduce Dr. Levi's
excellent but undocumented and uncalibrated experiment of last
February in which one of the small E-cats was run using only liquid
coolant and making no steam?   And how nice would it be if that
experiment ran several days and nights under the supervision of a
university physics department using all their external equipment,
power source and coolant?  That would go a long way, maybe the whole
way, towards proving that the technology is real.

That sort of test could be done in a few weeks.  I don't understand
why it would cost anything.  Jed wrote that he knows some reliable and
credible scientists who would do it for free.  I bet U of Bologna
would do it free just for the acclaim and attention it would bring if
it worked.  And there would be no security issues.  There would be no
need to take the E-cat apart if a small one ran for days.

Universities routinely do classified research on such things as
nuclear weapons.  Surely one can be trusted with an E-cat for a few
days.  All they would need to reveal was how they tested and if it
worked -- not any trade secrets even if they discovered some.   If
normal security measures were not enough for Rossi,  I'm sure they
wouldn't mind him or someone representing his interests putting up a
tent and camping in front of the experimental setup the whole time.

The only thing holding up something like that is Rossi's unwillingness
to let the universities have the device.  I wonder why he won't!
He's been talking about doing it for months.