Dave,
Have you examined the earlier E-Cat tests? Before the "Fat-Cat" (or as Nasa
calls it the "Ottoman", Rossi was claiming complete vaporization under
circumstances that were obviously, I mean REALLY obviously, wrong.
This is the main reason that skeptics have been referring to the condensed,
recirculating, steam as "the steam trick" redux.
You may have reviewed all of this, and if so, I apologize. You just seem to
make some intelligent observations, and I wonder if you are missing some
background from June and earlier.
Did you read:
 http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/3706appendixa1.shtml
It's a great summation of what Cude is trying to get across.