On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rossi has given out far more proof than any previous cold fusion researcher.

>That is a damning statement for the field of cold fusion. Now, if Rossi
>fizzles in a few years, that should mean there was never anything to cold
>fusion.

Rossi is not the only horse in the race.  It is not fair to use a broad sweep.

>The broad sweep came from Rothwell. Rossi may not be the only horse, but
>according to Rothwell, he is the best and fastest horse. So if he goes down,
>that won't say much for the rest of the field.

I must admit, a lot is riding on him and the ECAT.  How do you feel about the
subject?  Do you think that it is possible to have a LENR device or are you
totally convinced the concept is non sense?

 There are videos and data from the Oct. 6 test. That test is irrefutable by
first principles. The tests from earlier this year were also excellent despite
the poor instrumentation.

>Once again, cold fusion standards are pitifully low...

Why rush to judgement.

>Because, even if he's right, the demo has not convinced the world. And with
>the claims he's made, he should be able to do it easily. So the judgement is
>on the quality of the demo, which is pitiful, even if he is right

We certainly agree on this.  The demos have been totally atrocious.  I am not
sure why Rossi does not make an attempt to clean these up.

.

 you do not even understand steam at one atmosphere never gets much hotter than
100°C.

>Oh god, you're relapsing. Steam can be heated to any temperature you want at 1
>atmosphere.

>Don't you know anything?

This is not the proper way to address fellow vortex mates.

>You're probably right, but have you seen the way he addressed me, that is,
>when he still read my posts?

It is unfortunate that things may have gotten out of hand on this.  Perhaps it
works better if fewer points are discussed at a time.  This way no one will get
too weary of the long postings.  I prefer to get directly to the point and go
into details.

>I'll do my best to keep my comments respectful.

Thank you.  We can reach some form of understanding if we carefully consider
all sides of the argument.  I will do my best to study your points, but I can
not say I will always agree.