On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>   *From:* Mary Yugo ****
>
> ** **
>

> Are you always this flippant with your logical deductions - when faced
> with the inadequacy of the same old lame argument that we have been hearing
> for weeks? I suppose you realize that fewer and fewer participants here are
> taking your seriously anymore – so why not play the fool.****
>
> ** **
>
> What it means, of course, is that getting clean cost effective energy from
> non-combustion, non fission sources is extremely difficult, and requires
> proper funding levels.****
>
> ** **
>
> Conventional science has not only failed society badly in this regard,
> many of the recipients of public largess have actively conspired to keep
> funding away from alternative solutions. ****
>
> ** **
>
> We cannot really expect the ‘killer paper’ from LENR without a fair
> proportion of that $20 billion… ****
>
> ** **
>
> … but we might get lucky and get it anyway, and sooner than anyone thinks.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> The paper cited in the prior post should have opened up the floodgates of
> funding – as it is almost there - instead you find the opposite happening:
> a good research paper leads to a “circle the wagons mentality” for a few
> thousand high level physicists, who can see their cushy 6 figure incomes
> and stress-free jobs going away, not just away – but the funds being
> transferred to “uncredentialed” inventors and engineers. It has been almost
> a class war type of thing since 1989 - with the Ivory Tower, Ivy League set
> realizing that they are basically unemployable in industry or Public
> Universities - where performance counts - at anywhere near their current
> compensation packages - if the alternatives succeed.

Is that because none of them could use any basic skills in a new
discipline?   Did buggy mechanics all die off when cars came out?  Of
course not, they switched to working on cars.  If cold fusion is ever
properly demonstrated, thousands of scientists will want to investigate it
just as thousands turned to P&F when they made their initial announcement.
The problem was that nobody could replicate what they did and, in the end,
neither could they.