seems reasonable to fear that kind of problem.
could reduce/kill the diffusion of that technology to small home units ,
and globally increase the price.
the good point of price, is that it is not raw materials, but work, unlike
middle-east oil and alike.
the governance of that energy shall be better that thos based on mines.

as I've read:
- the quantity of nickel and H is small, but it is really consumed (40% of
the Ni load
- but Ni is 99.999%
- H very pure too
- No D, no N, No O ...

however, like microelectronics micro-devices, one can expect
- les expensive, smaller solution to reach purity and closedness
- reductions of the constraints to a less expensive level, when they are
better known

assuming tha rossi say right about his long term experiements
we can expect the problem are solved over 6month...

 also feel that when good engineer (like NI anet the mysterious clieny are)
will work on the subject, the will find good efficient solutions.
Rossi seems not to bee the best industrializer on earth 8)