Three ring circus !

What does Hagelstein think?

Is neutron production via spark exploded wires reported by many
independent labs?

How hard would this be for amateurs?

Could tiny experiments generate neutrons at low costs and high safety?

What would happen if a wire was embedded in a diamond anvil hyper
pressure cell and spark exploded?

http://www.ias.ac.in/pramana/v75/p617/fulltext.pdf

A primer for electroweak induced low-energynuclear reactions

Y N SRIVASTAVA 1;¤, A WIDOM 2 and L LARSEN 31 Dipartimento di Fisica &
INFN, Universitµa degli Studi di Perugia, 06123 Perugia, Italy2
Physics Department, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA3
Lattice Energy LLC, 175 North Harbor Drive, Chicago, IL 60601,
USA¤Corresponding author. E-mail: yogendra.srivast...@gmail.com

MS received 28 January 2010; revised 9 May 2010; accepted 21 May 2010
Abstract.

Under special circumstances, electromagnetic and weak interactions can
in-duce low-energy nuclear reactions to occur with observable rates
for a variety of processes.A common element in all these applications
is that the electromagnetic energy stored inmany relatively
slow-moving electrons can ( under appropriate circumstances ) be
collec-tively transferred into fewer, much faster electrons with
energies sufficient for the latterto combine with protons (or
deuterons, if present) to produce neutrons via weak inter-actions. The
produced neutrons can then initiate low-energy nuclear reactions
throughfurther nuclear transmutations. The aim of this paper is to
extend and enlarge uponvarious examples analysed previously, present
order of magnitude estimates for each andto illuminate a common
unifying theme amongst all of them.

Keywords. Nuclear transmutations; low-energy nuclear reaction; electroweak.

...6. Summary and concluding remarks

We can summarize by saying that three seemingly diverse physical phenomena,
viz., metallic hydride cells, exploding wires and the solar corona, do
have a uni-
fying theme. Under appropriate conditions which we have now well delineated,
in all these processes electromagnetic energy gets collectively
harnessed to provide
enough kinetic energy to a certain fraction of the electrons to
combine with protons
(or any other ions present) and produce neutrons through weak interactions. The
produced neutrons then combine with other nuclei to induce low-energy nuclear
reactions and transmutations. Lest it escape notice let us remind the
reader that
all three interactions of the Standard Model (electromagnetic, weak and nuclear)
are essential for an understanding of these phenomena. Collective
effects, but no
new physics for the acceleration of electrons beyond the Standard Model needs to
be invoked. We have seen, however, that certain paradigm shifts are
necessary. On
the surface of a metallic hydride cell with surface plasmon polariton
modes, pro-
tons collectively oscillate along with the electrons. Hence, the
Born{Oppenheimer
approximation (which assumes that the proton is rigidly fixed) breaks down and
should not be employed. Similarly, in the solar corona, the electronic
density and
the electrical conductivity are sufficiently low. Hence there is not much charge
screening of the electric fields involved. Strong electric fields
generated by time-
dependent magnetic fields through Farday's laws are sustained in the corona and
the betatron (or transformer) mechanism remains functional. Were it
not so, elec-
trons and protons could not have been accelerated to hundreds of GeV's and there
would have been no production of high-energy muons, certainly not copious enough

Pramana { J. Phys., Vol. 75, No. 4, October 2010 635

to have reached Earth in sufficient numbers to have been observed by the L3+C
collaboration at LEP [23] or by the BAKSAN underground laboratory [47]. We
are unaware of any other alternative scheme for obtaining this result. The beta-
tron mechanism also naturally explains a variety of observed
experimental results
such as unexpected nuclear transmutations and high-energy cosmic rays from the
exterior of the Sun or any other astronomical object endowed with strong enough
magnetic activity such as active galactic nuclei. Also, our estimate
of the muons
detected at CERN are consistent with the CERN data on the Solar are of 14 July
2000.

The analysis presented in this paper leads us to conclude that
realistic possibili-
ties exist for designing LENR devices capable of producing `green
energy', that is,
production of excess heat at low cost without lethal nuclear waste,
dangerous gamma-rays
or unwanted neutrons. The necessary tools and the essential theoretical know-how
to manufacture such devices appear to be well within the reach of the technology
available now. Vigorous efforts must now be made to develop such devices whose
functionality requires all three interactions of the Standard Model
acting in concert.