Ignoring conflicting commercial interests, both camps agree that Ni-LENR
works.  See Allan Widom's Feb 10, 2010 Army Research Labs presentation:

"Collective Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter"
http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/conferences/2010/ARL/Pres/02Widom-WidomLarsenTheory.pdf

The "CONCLUSIONS" slide (#34) states -

"Weak Interaction LENR effects show the best prospects with the nuclear
burning of Ni proved possible with significant heating outputs."

It seems to me there is agreement on results, but not on theory, which is
encouraging.

Am I overlooking something?

Lou Pagnucco