Hello Stephen A. Lawrence,

By any chance, do you as an older brother often find yourself in
friendly exasperation rebuking a younger brother for impetuous,
intemperate outbursts, not based on sober prudent consideration of
much detailed evidence?  Anyway, I admit being charmed by your
rebukes.

I find kindred spirits in Mary Yugo, Horace Heffner, and Joshua Cude
-- their views loosely agree, defining a reasonable territory of
skeptical appraisal re Rossi -- I don't pretend to be able to track
all the details -- but I notice that, as far as I know, Cude is the
first to bring the derivative of the energy into the discussion, ie,
how fast is the output energy rising, considering output T and output
water flow, and what does this tell us about the likely rise of
temperature and the speed of change in temperature of the core -- this
approach makes it clear that sudden huge heat bursts within the core
cannot produce equally sudden heat flow changes in the measured output
water flow.

Has anyone taken the next step -- given reasonable guesses as to the
composition, size, mass, and geometry of the core, as exposed to
public view as Shangrala, [ note that we are all whistling in the
dark, guessing fervently, since maybe Rossi has a necessary, effective
business strategy of dramatically discrediting his own demos for
nearly a year, to divert the competitors... ] -- how hot would the
core get, and how quickly?  Would the Ni micro or nano powder fuse,
melt, vaporize, or engage in complex chemical reactions, even
explosions -- could a small fraction of the electric heat input,
activating a small active region inside of the core, crack it open,
suddenly exposing some of the cooling water to intense pressures and
temperatures and even electrical shorts and arcs...?  Beware of
sorcerers bearing boiling murky pots showing random flashes of gold...

My thoughts about this have in recent months resulted in warning posts
for experimenters to be very, very careful...

This seems to me to be everyone's duty, as the network continues to
deal with situations as poorly understood as X-rays and nuclear
radiation for decades after 1895.

Don't you agree that Cude is displaying higher level, faster insight
than any other contributor on Vortex-L?

Have you noticed that very few understand him -- and some are proud of it?

I said what I understood after reading Cude's concise, definitive,
brisk comments -- perhaps what he is really saying through the format
of careful acceptable scientific discourse...

within mutual service,  Rich Murray