On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:24 AM, Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But Villa measured no gammas above background with *no* lead.
> Villa would have detected gammas in that range.

All right, probably no or negligible gammas above 200 keV.

>>  (c) We don't know if the gammas are emitted isotropically.
>
> The nickel is a power. It's pretty hard to imagine a preferred emission
> direction with randomly oriented reactants.

True, but again, this is unknown physics, and the randomly oriented powder
is possibly bathing in these EM fields that Rossi possibly uses to control
the reaction - this breaks the spherical symmetry.

> So they say. It would be more credible if someone could imagine a reaction
> that produces heat and no radiation.

According to Nelson's slides, the gammas are in the 50 - 200 keV range and
are thermalized.  Easy to do with very little shielding.  And photons in that
range wouldn't have been detected by Villa - this is clearly stated in
the abstract.
--
Berke Durak