On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Right. Anything can be explained that way...

Thank God you weren't there when they came up with quantum theory.

> Maybe with new physics, but with old physics, the EM fields Rossi
> used do not control nuclear reactions.

What do you know about the EM fields Rossi used?  Are these described
somewhere?  An X-ray tube produces directional photons using EM
fields.  You cannot a priori assume spherical symmetry about an
unknown system that is known to be non spherically symmetrical.

As usual, you are making lots of implicit assumptions to debunk
something we don't have much information about.  It's OK to complain
about lack of information, but it's not enough to debunk.  But let us
know if you find actual contradictions in the reported data.

> And if true, it wouldn't be hard to get evidence for it. Evidence
> that might help to vindicate Rossi. But then, he's trying to avoid
> vindication; too much competition.

That's another debate.

>> According to Nelson's slides, the gammas are in the 50 - 200 keV
>> range and are thermalized.
>
> Nelson didn't show data to support that. It was just wild
> speculation, and the range was probably chosen because Villa's
> cutoff was 200 keV.

How do you know it's "just wild speculation?"  The slide doesn't say
"My guess: 50 - 200 keV".  Maybe you were at the LENR Workshop and
asked him?

Or is this your resonant mind-reading ability at work?

And if he's randomly speculating, why do you think he put a lower
threshold of 50 keV?

> Right. But there are ways to detect photons between 50 and 200 keV.
> And NASA could probably avail themselves of the necessary
> technology. But they didn't show evidence of 50 - 200 keV gammas.
> Neither has Rossi. And neither did he suggest any reactions that
> might produce such low energy gammas.

Rossi is not a physicist and has no business suggesting reactions.
That's why he's contracting to University of Bologna for the
theoretical research.

> And the sort of reactions that WL predict would produce much higher
> energy gammas.

Therefore, if Rossi's device works, then WL is wrong or doesn't apply
to it.

> And the one slide he showed with a gamma  spectrum from Piantelli
> showed a 750 keV gamma.

(1) This is Piantelli.  Rossi developed his own thing with Focardi.
It's something different, so at this level of knowledge, spectra don't
need to match a priori.  Also, aren't they using a different catalyst?
Maybe the high-energy photons come from the catalyst.  (That's my
random speculation.)

(2) If you read the chronology of Piantelli's work in the same
document, you'll see that Piantelli didn't always get radiation when
he got excess heat.

(3) You cannot exclude a small amount of energetic gammas being
produced.  So you could get most of the heat from < 200 keV photons,
plus the occasional 750 keV photon.

Remember that guy who measured a gamma spike while Rossi was adjusting
a reactor in the other room?
--
Berke Durak