I speculate that when a coherent proton who is a member of a large coherent
ensemble of protons penetrates the nucleus of a nickel atom, this nickel
atom will retain the energy of the nuclear reaction as potential energy.

When a thermal phonon that propagates in the nickel lattice perturbs this
atom into decoherence, the potential energy of this nuclear reaction will
be released over the entire proton assemblage thereby transforming a
erstwhile megavolt energy release into many kilovolt releases over the
entire coherent assemblage.

In heavily coherent QM systems as per Piantelli or Rossi, coherence will be
immediately reestablished and other nuclear based energy producing
reactions will occur and stored as potential energy. Increasing heat in the
system will further increase QM decoherence and result in more potential
energy transformation to kinetic energy.

As in the Mills and Arata systems, with no lattice heating, no potential
energy transformations to kinetic energy will occur until a trigger sets
off a QM chain reaction.

Regards,

Axil