On 12/6/2011 10:22 PM, Colin Hercus wrote:
Could you have a problem with the 30kWH of excess heat. It seems a bit much to get rid of for space heating and hot water especially in a suburban situation.
The Hyperion unit has 9 cores and can dynamically stage them as required by the load. 30 kWs of heat would be the worst case assuming max 10 kW electricity demand and no hot water or space heating requirements.
I was also looking a FIT rate in Australia and it seems you can get money back from the power company. Could you do this for ecat power?
Aussie FITs require the grid to be fed via a grid connect inverter and the inverter fed by a "Renewable" energy source. I doubt LENR would qualify. No reason to generate DC and then feed the grid and the home from an expensive solid state inverter. Plain old simple PM based Ac alternator delivering 50 Hz at 240 Vac will do nicely.