Based on the lowest LENR / kW price so far quoted ($7,700 (this the quoted retail installed price) / 45 kW thermal), the LCOE / kWh thermal is then $0.004 / kWh thermal. Assuming a 25% conversion efficiency, the cost is then $0.016 / Ac kWh for 24/7/365 for 30 years of electricity plus you have 30 kWh of thermal heat to be use for space and water heating. What will that cost your for the petrol based generator running 24/7/365 for 30 years? Then add in the cost of space and water heating. BTW we can source a good quality 7.5 kW single / 3 phase alternator (with voltage control) from China for around $300 and a good quality 10 HP steam engine (with RPM control) for around $250. We expect to be able to offer a LENR driven off grid CHP system for less than $8,000 with more than enough electrical, hot water and space heat output to run a large domestic home with only connections to the water and storm water sewage grid. Of course there are off the shelf systems to do those functions off the grid as well.

On 12/6/2011 5:02 PM, David Roberson wrote:
I found a generator driven by a 4 cycle gasoline engine that puts out 5500 watts of AC for $648 US dollars(Lowes USA). This price includes everything you need except the gasoline. I understand that the LENR powered devices that we are looking at do not require refueling except for twice a year, but the cost of the bare unit gets my attention. A 4 cycle gas engine is pretty complicated and does the conversion of heat into rotary motion as a steam engine would. Why should we not expect the price of a comparable LENR device to be more in line with this? I understand that they deserve a portion of the fuel savings, but why try to take so much of the money? Maybe the ECAT type price will be more comparable to the generator I found when production numbers and competition kicks in.
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Aussie Guy E-Cat <aussieguy.e...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 11:30 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Domestic LENR steam/electricity front end

I've emailed Robert Green and asked for more data and if what I get
looks good, I will buy one of the 2 cylinder 10 Hp unit to have a play.
  From what I can find this is my front runner steam engine to use as the
torque source for a domestic LENR CHP unit. With 24/7 LENR primary heat
source and CHP with electricity generation at around 5 - 6 Ac kWs, who
needs to worry about grid tie?