On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Means nothing. What scale was it on? Did a hyperthyroid patient (treated
> with I-131) walk past? It takes very little to put some meters off-scale.
> And yes, some (older) welding rods can easily do it. Many old glazed ceramic
> dishes will do it to, as will KCl, although the latter takes a sensitive
> meter.

This is getting ridiculous.

The Geiger counter was on the scale that allowed Celani to say with a
straight face that a short but INTENSE emission of gamma radiation had
taken place.

Because Celani is perfectly qualified (hello, he is working at a
nuclear physics lab!), he probably wouldn't qualify as intense the
radiation emitted by a bag of bananas or some irradiated mammal.

Also, nuked patients walk at finite speeds.  Therefore, they wouldn't
register as a short spike.

> Again, if cold fusion can't find some systematic, reproducible, meaningful
> evidence to hang its hat on,

The systematic, reproductible, meaningful evidence is the industrial
amount of heat that has been harnessed by Rossi et al. over the last
years.

> it's just not gonna get respect from "some guy's meter went off
> scale somewhere at about the right time". Deliberate

"Some guy"... right.  You and I are "some guy".  Celani and Focardi
are not.

> attempts to measure radiation in correlation with the operation of ecats
> have not measured anything. That should mean much more.

First of all, radiation is not a necessity.  If the Rossi device
produces no radiation at all, that's fine by me, as long as it
produces a good amount of energy.  Which I don't have any reason to
think that it doesn't.

Secondly, did someone insert a radiation probe INSIDE the reactor?
Did someone use any kind of ultra-sensitive equipment?  No.  They used
ordinary scintillators and probes.  There was a hole in the shielding,
but there's plenty of material left to shield the reactions.

So you just cannot say that there was or wasn't low-energy (< 200 keV)
gammas.

Finally, why all the hate?
--
Berke Durak