On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Giovanni Santostasi <gsantost...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> In normal circumstances we would be able to see what is inside the box
>> and take it apart but we are not allowed to do so.
>>

> That is incorrect. The box has been taken apart. Many people have seen
> inside it.
>

>> We could trust Rossi in claiming that the box is not rigged, that there
>> are no tricks, but we cannot do that on face value (beside as a playful but
>> not very satisfactory exercise).
>>

> We do not need to trust him. People have looked inside this reactor and
> Rossi's other reactors enough to be certain there are no tricks. They have
> not seen inside the cell (which is inside the reactor) but the volume of
> the cell is too small for any tricks. Please review the discussion here and
> the literature on cold fusion and you will see what I mean.
>
> The same is true for other cold fusion experiments. The volume and mass of
> the sample that produces the heat is far too small for the heat to be
> chemical.
>
> - Jed

Once again what Mats Lewan said:

"What I saw inside the Ecat is more or less what I published and what my
photos from the inside showed – a block covered with flanges of heat
exchanger type, I believe I said approximately 30x30x30 cm. There’s a photo
from above where you can see cable and gas feedthroughs from the outside
going into this block, which was bolted to the enclosing. Rossi told us
that beneath the flanges there was supposedly a block of three reactor
chambers, each 20x20x1 cm, enclosed by 4 cm shielding – I think he said
lead. That is possible, as is of course any other object of that size.

In theory I suppose he could have removed the flanges and the shielding to
show the reactors, but that would probably have taken some time."

So there was an uninspected volume of about 30 cube centimeters cube.