Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting information from cold fusion researchers is like pulling teeth.
>> You have to beg and plead and wait and wait.
>>

> Yet they call you a Luddite or worse if you don't believe their claims.

That is a dicto simpliciter fallacy (sweeping generalization). Many
researchers do not accuse people of being Luddites. Some are pleased with
this state of affairs. They prefer that people not believe them, because
they want keep a low profile. Ampenergo does not want me to upload this
paper for that reason.

Researchers do not hand over papers for a variety of reasons such as:

* They do not want to, as I said, because they are keeping a low profile,
they do not want to tip off the competition, or for some other reason.

* They forget to.

* They know little about the Internet and see no advantage to uploading
papers.

* They think serious scientists only publish on paper.

Researchers who want to be believed, or who would accuse you of being a
Luddite, generally do hand over papers. My statement was also a sweeping
generalization. It does not apply to all.