-0800:
Hi,
[snip]
>Primarily for the theorists in the Collective.
>
>This from the Ni-H yahoo group...
>
>-Mark
>

>------------------------
>
>I try to explain it:
>All you have to do is, to put the electron from the H-atom nearer to the
>nucleus and Fusion will happen.
>From the K-electron capture from Be-7 I know, that a faktor 4 is enough.
>So, how can this be done? Idea comes from Muon, where it is proved, so just
>enhance the effective mass of the surrounding electron.
>
>Vektorpotential A = 1/2 B  *  r
>
>    (B orthogonal A,  B=const,  r is distance)
>

>For Fusion,  A >= sqr(5.405961)*mc/e=0.004 Tesla*meter
>    (to enlarge elektron energy about 782.333keV from proton to Neutron)

You can't enlarge the energy with a static magnetic field.

Even if all the potential energy existing between electron and proton were
converted to kinetic energy, you would still be 782 keV short.

Furthermore, "r" if I'm not mistaken needs to be 1/4 the size of an atom, in
order to get shrinkage by a factor or 4, not several cm (or I have completely
misunderstood how this is supposed to work). Such a small radius would require a
magnetic field vastly stronger than anything humanity has so far managed to
create. (225 million tesla for a 782 keV electron). Actually this takes no
account of the fact that the electron would be relativistic at that energy, but
it gives a rough idea of what would be needed.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk