It is not clear at all how DGT is initializing the reaction.  Maybe the hot
chemical that assists the startup is only used to back up the main electrical
heating element.  This may be a way to heat the chemical over a relatively long
time period without too much power and then having it release its heat quickly
into the inner cube at the same time the electrical heating is available.  It
would seem possible to effectively multiply the peak heating requirement by a
factor of 3 or so in this manner.

I agree that they must have a well designed and functioning control unit to
prevent meltdown.   How nice it would be to have data to review as we give
consideration to these ideas!  Guess we might have to wait before we get our
probes onto a final device.

Do you think that DGT would have determined a safe temperature to preheat the
core to before having to worry about thermal runaway?  Their testing should
have allowed them to see that there is no danger of runaway when the core is
at, as example, 300 C.  So any preheating liquid at or below that temperature
could flood the device with no danger.  Only after that temperature has been
achieved would the control system and electrical heater have to kick in and
work well.

I have long suspected that the RFG is mainly to confuse others and misdirect
their efforts.  DGT does not suggest that they have one in their design.  The
magnetically transparent steel might allow static fields to enter freely, but
if it is a conductor of reasonable performance, RF fields would not enter.

Their working with "nudist" reactors is confusing.  I wonder if the reactor for
this test is only being loaded with a small Hydrogen charge.  How would they
possibly get the heat out of a normally functioning device with no coolant
flow?  I suspect that they are interested in just proving that LENR is real but
not operating at the required levels.  I would expect that the P(T) curve would
be modified greatly by the charge level.  As we know, no hydrogen means no
power so a small amount must result in a modest power gain.  I would rather see
a fully functioning unit in operation and being measured.

We speak of the maximum operating temperature of the coolant as being below the
specified output temperature.  I suspect that we just are not aware of the type
of coolant that they are using.  Now, since they claim that they operate at 600
C or more under normal conditions, then why could they not use some of the
coolant as the initial chemically assisted heating material?   This would be in
line with my suspicion that the pumps are stopped while the device is brought
up to the desired range.

One thing that I have wondered about for a while is the effects of low
frequency magnetic fields.  I assume that the nickel powder is attracted to a
magnet at room temperature.  Would a slowly changing field cause the material
to be continually mixed up and agitated?  Perhaps this motion would keep the
material alive.  A low frequency magnetic field could penetrate a modest
conductor.

Dave