Along those lines, you might want to read -
"PROGRESS ON DUAL LASER EXPERIMENTS"
http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Hagelsteinprogresson.pdf

EXCERPT:
We have continued our experiments using duel laser stimulation of
electrochemically loaded PdDx. In earlier work, we used two properly
oriented and polarized tunable diode lasers which provided stimulation at
optical frequencies; interestingly, we found that the excess heat
issensitive to the beat difference frequency. Low-level thermal signals
are observed to be
triggered at apparent resonances when the difference frequency is 8.3,
15.3 and 20.4 THz

Perhaps, also related is the ultrasonic "Superwave" LENR stimulation used
by Energetics Technologies -
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DardikIultrasonic.pdf
My impression is that their source has a wideband discrete spectrum of
phase-locked frequencies - so that the same stimulus signal is repeatedly
swept.