Robin wrote:

> Just click on File on the menu and
> > choose the Open (File?) option. I would guess that WordPress can access
> local
> > files as "file://" rather than "http://";, but you should be able to
> just point
> > at them using a file open dialog.
> >
> > Furthermore Word can edit html documents as can Open Office (free).

Do not EVER use Word to edit HTML documents! It will make hash out of them.
And not the good kind of programmer's hash-code hash either -- more like
inedible corn-beef hash.

I wrote a Pascal program to delete the garbage from Word-generated HTML,
because people send me Word documents from time to time that want to be
HTML. Also this is good way to decontaminate Word format chaos without
killing all the formatting such as italics and superscripts. The program is
short but for a 336 KB document it takes about 14 seconds with a fast
computer.

Microsoft used to sell the Frontpage web editor that also created
outrageous HTML.