Steven,

Use this: http://web2py.com.  Download here:
http://web2py.com/examples/default/download
it has everything inside (webserver, db, application server,
javascript, css, menus) so you do not have to install anything else,
yet is small.
 You can choose many providers or you can just publish to google
appengine with one click.
You can manage the db and import export data from it. No sql required.
You can use your editor or the included one.
It is written with security so authenticating parts of the site is
easy + secure.
To make a new site just go to administrator panel and create a new application.
It is DRY (Dont Repeat Yourself) and ZC (zero configuration), hence KISS.
To have great support just write on the forum.
Major features listed here:
http://web2py.com/examples/default/what

mic