I am not sure what your observations are Not Me.  Do you know of a heat pump
that has a COP of 4.5/2 when having a source of input at 30 C while putting out
heat at 120 C?  According to wikipedia I calculate
COP(heating)=T(hot)/(T(hot)-T(cool))=4.4 as the Carnot limit.  This is using
their equation just ahead of the table of various performances.  Wikipedia
discusses an example of a geothermal application using buried coils where the
source is at 10 C in the UK for a home system that usually displays a COP of 4
to 5.  Please review that article and let me know if you still think the COP
would be 4.5/2 under those standard home conditions.

Not Me, your assumption of 50% efficiency for the heat pump relative to Carnot
appears low.  How did you acquire your estimate?  The article in Wikipedia
discusses the fact that current heat pumps are in the range you suggest but
that future developments will improve them significantly as the cost of input
energy rises.  They imply that the best designs will approach the Carnot limit.
 Maybe we need to understand why the present devices are so poorly performing
before we assume that the best we can achieve is 50% efficiency.

I am hoping for inputs from experts in the chemical industry that use equipment
which transfers excess heat from exhaust processes to areas that need
preheating.  It should be common practice to save expensive heating costs by
using waste heat in this manner.  Perhaps petroleum engineers are aware of high
temperature heat pump systems and it would be enlightening for them to bring
these into the discussion.  I am very curious about the active fluids and
systems required.

Would it be possible for us to limit this discussion to high temperature heat
pumps and not refer to LENR devices?   Perhaps the name should be modified to
pertain more to the subject at hand?

Dave