Brillouin's website and the paper describing their theory at -
http://www.brillouinenergy.com
http://www.brillouinenergy.com/BrillouinEnergyHypothesis.pdf
gives more details.

I believe that a number of metal alloys are used for hydrogen storage.
It makes sense that they do not limit materials to just Ni and Pd.

Brillouin sounds quite real.  Hopefully, their technology will prove out.