its creation of a land of happy, plenty, joyful and free democracy.

Quickly

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2012/05/answering-to-ruby-carats-what-if.html
(AnonymousMay 31, 2012 7:51 AM
Oops, why not work more on the references rather than
trying to complete your efforts toward making money as
a cold Fusion Consultant and/or author? See: Ruggero
Maria Santilli for one.)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chemical Engineer <cheme...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Jun 1, 2012 12:48 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:re the alternative history of LENR

   Jed,

Just a fact check. ?You don't know how many times I have heard that " a solar
site 100 miles to the side in the Mohave could generate all of the power
requirements for the US".

Some numbers based upon most efficient claimed CSP plant: (approx 2 to 3 times
more efficient than PV but much more expensive)

370 MW Nominal generation requires 3500 acreas (largest, most efficient claimed
US solar thermal plant being constructed)
 350,000 mirrors (assuming they are clean)
Generates power ~10 hours/day

To cover peak US demand of 768,000 MW you would need 781 MILLION mirrors that
only cover you 10 hours per day. ?The 110Mile x 110Mile plot is idle at night.
?With thermal storage you would need to more than double the area if you wanted
to store during the day and generate at night, taking up > 60% of the Mohave.

You can double this area for utility scale PV which, although cheaper is ~ half
the efficiency of CSP/acre, in which case you would need a larger Mohave. ?You
also need to develop weather technology to keep all clouds out of the desert...

Also, your "Robots" will need to clean 781 million mirrors per month (monthly
cleaning cycle) in the heat and sand of the desert. ?Plus where will you get
the water to clean them or power for your army of hundreds of thousands of
robots? ?If you cannot clean 781 MILLION mirrors per month you will need more,
less efficient dirty mirrors and more space

You will also pay 4 times more for this electricity than you are paying now.

Also, from a strategic defense standpoint, it would be very easy for an enemy
to blast one large nuke off over the desert and shatter all of those mirrors.

I am OK with distributed PV on rooftops but get the crap out of the desert and
give the BILLIONS to homeowners to subsidize installations. ?Solar City has a
much better business model.

 I admire your creativity and regurgitating green fluff but I think you are
drinking your own bath water and they are WASTING OUR MONEY

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>