Hello group,

On the "E-Cat News" blog I found a transcription in Italian of a portion (the most relevant section) of NI's Stefano Concezzi's segment from the latest LENR workshop in Rome, diligently made by user "un passante". Surprisingly, it didn't gather much attention. By now, the information presented isn't probably "news" anymore, but it's still an interesting read.

I've hand translated the transcript in English so that everybody can understand it properly. Forgive me any error or inaccuracy:

[...] What is the master plan a company [such as National Instruments] should
have? First of all, to find, analyze results from public and private
institutions and researchers in good faith who want to show their work and
double check them. And if possible, replicate them.

To determine who are the top 10, simply because we have limited resources;
otherwise it would be interesting to interview them all. Finally, to establish
cooperations with them to make use of our products to accelerate research in
this field.

These are the studies [referring to a presentation slide] we have sponsored or
we are working with: the first one is professor Kim's from Purdue University, a
famous university in the USA, and it's based on the theory of condensed matter,
therefore Bose-Einstein's, an almost 80-year old theory. The aim is to find the
mathematical model and make it available to any student.
So, We're working with Purdue University, with professor Kim, and we will
present in August a mathematical model, and therefore tools that will be able
to be used by anybody, freely available on the web.

Same with MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Professor Hagelstein, or
"Hagelsteen" as he prefers to be called - based on the theory of quantum fields
inside the electrons.

But also with the Los Alamos National Lab, with the University of Missouri,
with the University of Bologna, where...

A thing that hasn't been cited so far is that, excluding professor Preparata,
there have been two Italian scientists, two university professors who made
science [in this field] progress significantly: one from the University of
Siena [Piantelli] and one from the University of Bologna [Focardi]. Both are
still alive, still working.

Well, one of these has a successor: professor Levi from the University of
Bologna, Department of Physics. We have sponsored their laboratory.

Same with ENEA. An ongoing collaboration. But also with INFN Frascati [Celani],
with the Universities of Kobe, Osaka, with the University of Texas in Austin,
with the French CEA [Commissariat à l'énergie atomique], with the Stanford
Research Institute and with the Naval Research Laboratories in the United
States.

So, Japan, United States and Europe. And again, to make sure we don't [favor
any territory in particular].

The original transcript in Italian by "un passante" can be found in the comment section here:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/07/national-instruments-deeply-involved-with-many-lenr-projects/

You can listen to it in Italian starting from h:mm:ss <<2:08:33>> in this link:

http://www.radioradicale.it/scheda/355900/verso-una-rivoluzione-energetica-non-inquinante

For convenience and future proofing I'm pasting it here as well. Again, credits to "un passante":

Qual è il masterplan che una società può avere? Innanzitutto è trovare,
analizzare i risultati, di istituzioni pubbliche e private, di ricercatori in
buona fede che vogliono presentare i loro lavori e fare una doppia verifica, un
doppio check, di questi lavori. Se possibile, replicarli.
Determinare quali sono i top 10, semplicemente perchè abbiamo risorse limitate,
se no sarebbe interessante intervistarli tutti. E stabilire delle cooperazioni
e sfruttare le capacità dei nostri prodotti per accelerare la ricerca in questo
campo.

Queste sono le ricerche [si riferisce ad una slide] che noi abbiamo
sponsorizzato o con cui lavoriamo:
La prima (ricerca) è col Prof. Kim della Purdue University, una famosa
università negli Stati Uniti, e si basa sulla teoria della condensed matter,
dunque da Bode-Einstein, qualcosa che ha quasi 80 anni come teoria. Trovare il
modello matematico e portare questo modello matematico alla disponibilità di
qualsiasi studente.
Dunque stiamo lavorando con la Purdue University, col Prof. Kim, e presenteremo
ad agosto, un modello matematico, dunque dei tools, che possono essere
utilizzati da tutti, messi a disposizione sul web.

La stessa cosa con il MIT – Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Prof.
Hagelstein, o Hagelsteen come lui preferisce essere chiamato, che si basa sulla
teoria dei campi quantici all’interno degli elettroni.

Ma anche col Los Alamos National Lab, con l’University of Missouri, con
l’Università di Bologna, dove…

Un aspetto non citato finora è che, a prescindere dal Prof. Preparata, due
scienziati italiani, due professori universitari che hanno fatto progredire la
scienza in maniera molto significativa sono stati un professore dell’Università
di Siena [Piantelli] e un professore dell’Università di Bologna [Focardi].
Entrambi sono ancora vivi, entrambi lavorano ancora.

Bene, uno di questi ha un successore, il Prof. Levi dell’Università di Bologna,
Dipartimento di Fisica. Noi abbiamo sponsorizzato il loro laboratorio.

Stessa cosa con l’ENEA. Una collaborazione che sta andando avanti. Ma anche con
l’INFN di Frascati [Celani], con l’Università di Kobe, di Osaka, con
l’Università del Texas in Austin, con il Commissariato dell’Energia Atomica
francese, con il Stanford Research Institute e con i Naval Research
Laboratories degli Stati Uniti.

Dunque sia in Giappone, Stati Uniti ed Europa. E, di nuovo, questo per essere
sicuri di non avere nessun aspetto territoriale.

Cheers,
S.A.