be clear:

a) LENR is a real effect to me.
b) What I doubt are the claims of Rossi/DGT.

(a) should put the scientific community to shame and reconsider their methods.
(b) is a different animal: Pseudo-engineers, companies, speculators, phantasts
claiming that a midge is an elephant.

No need to elaborate on (a) on this time and place. This is confined to the
laboratory and the minds of scientists.

But (b) needs careful consideration, because, well, it is potentially
earth-shattering in the physical domain of our livelihood.
Not Your average Higgs Boson, which is just a mental construct, albeit
interesting.

We should not fool ourselves wrt (b).

I dare to apply some commonsense plus engineering principles plus -ahem-
psychology.
I explicitly exclude science here, because it is corruptable on several levels.
The main being self-deception or bogus theories.
Engineering being different, because it has to show some real-world-evidence.

There is no proof for (b). Only claims.
To keep my sanity, I critically watch the claims, and reject them if they
contradict my principles.
Those are not hammered in stone, ie I am hopefully able to revise on evidence
and reorder my principles.
Maybe I even believe in 'God' if he talks to me in a convincing manner. But up
to now he did not show up.

What I am trying to do, is apply my methods of thinking and acting, therefore I
stand where I stand.

600degC claims on an industrial scale for a sufficiently long time without
side-effects currently do not pass my smell-test.
Watch the caveats, or the fine-print, as it is said!

That's it, folks.

Guenter