I undesrtand your reasoning, and from that point of view it is right.
the claims are claims.
but when someone own assets (reputation, investment, clients, ...) claims
have a concrete effect that varies depending on the future, in which they
have more data than us. Only them know if their claims are right or wrong,
but their belief or knowledge have an effect on their strategy, even if
they are irrational a little.

so when i hear a claim, I translate into commitment, image risk, cornering.
they can be self deluded, but , unlike you are supported by a strong group
like is the mainstream, the delusion cannot be too far from facts.

I have received data from them, and also behavioral data, and competence
signals.
It is easy to differential a hollywood movie bomb, from a terrorist bomb,
and you can even guess their intent, education, culture and competence from
the design.

DGT gave strong signal about managing details that match a real capacity to
sell to public (safety, regulation, green/ROHS). they have made rational
choice that mean that when choosing, they choose the standard, simple,
recognized alternative (H2 circuit, metal, shape, shielding).
They have proposed some key design that mean that they have touched a real
complex reactor, and found an uncommon but smart control technique.

of course , those evidences are not easy to transfer to third party (maybe
you ca read the technical discussion, but part of the evidence is in my
experience, yet maybe some other is in someone else and I missed it).

finally there is a good reason to lower the standard of proof, it is that
reading Celani, Pianteli, Focardi, all of that is SIMPLE to do (for a gang
of engineer with budget, i mean like LHC one magnet is easy to build).

the only real concern I have is that nobody else in the LENR community (for
mainstream they are self-delusioned and won't recognize their mother with a
LENR logo T-shirt) seems to have success in making a powerful gas reactor.
Maybe short budget, maybe just hiding and preparing for fast sales soon,....

however alternative are not coherent either.

DGT might have problem on longterm usage (the buzz is possible), but their
claims, on the horizon of few weeks, and as far as they could test, was
correct when done. And latest behaviors show that they were anyway
confident, and betting their balls.

The same kind of reasoning with Concezzi and NIWeek, make me hugely
confident.

we should stop being afraid of our shadow. LENr is normal physic, and LENR
energy is more rational industry than renewable.

I've noticed that behavior of oppressed minorities (like bikes on roads.
see http://www.johnforester.com ), that integrate the beliefs of the
mainstream, despite the facts that everyday prove the opposite, and even
for those who oppose strongly the mainstream. It is very hard not to absorb
the mainstream values (I think it is the subject of some cognitive science
sector, on which I've read some article), even if you know it is wrong.

I see everyday very various pathological science, there are some in LENR
who look pathologic, but mainstream is crowded with such too. Without the
support of groupthink, LENR is quite easily cleaned from bad science.