At 06:13 PM 7/14/2012, Guenter Wildgruber wrote:
Abd ul,

I am posting here with my real name, but who knows if that is true?
The liar's paradox, which became a serious problem with the net.
Who is who and who is telling the 'truth'?
Only personal acquaintance or a serious, consistent dedication to a topic can tell.

If then.

I highly recommend hanging out with the ontological conversation. Good for the soul.

Collections of symbols are not truth. Words are tools that are functional or otherwise.

eg I have now doubt that YOU are a genuine seriously thinking honest person, like Feynman is.

One of the blessings of my life was that I spent a bit of time with him. He's not responsible for my goofs, but his approach to life found an echo in me. I never got to beating 7 against 6, though, just 5 to 4. On a good day.

And I just look at stuff, trying to make some sense of what seems impossibly complex, then I report what I've seen, and ask whatever questions come up, and sometimes realms open up.

Now wrt to me, I try to be seriously questioning person with a funny bend.

Seems clear enough to me.

I was out on the street tonight, watching a street magician, talking shop with a salesman sitting with his wife. I dropped a card in the donation bucket of the gray-painted statue lady on which I'd written, "This card is worth whatever you say," I had an extended conversation with a man working at a pizza shop, that's his Saturday job, during the week he's an architect and mason, and I shook the hand of a drunk. And more.

I'm basically learning to listen.

Today I also talked on the phone with one of my sons who was watching his nephews, two of my grandchildren I hadn't spoken to in way too long. I asked the littlest one, he's about eight, what was important to him. "Talking to you, grandpa."