I don't know if Guenter Wildgruber is *his* real name, but Mark_-ZeroPoint most certainly is not a real name. But I'll happily apologize if it is.

Mark, here, speculates on something, along with SVJ, about Guenter's mail, that makes some crazy assumptions.

If you hit a reply to an actual "vortex-l" post, what happens to the reply depends on, not only the list settings, but also your own email program's settings. It has little or nothing to do with the original email. If the mail is echoed through the list, it will have a Reply-to header supplied by the list.

If you look at the headers from his mails, they look quite like headers from other mails.

However, how do we know that a mail is from the vortex list? If you only rely upon the [Vo] in the header, you could be easily misled.

Some people do send mails to both the list and the individual. That could easily be done by the user who originates the mail. A mail that was cc'd to the individual, as well as sent to to the list, if the individual replies to it, will behave exactly as described.

I don't see a cc in Guenter's mails to the list, but he might be bcc'ing the private emails of some. That would produce the same effect for those people. Again, people might do this to suppress further cc's being sent, but to notify an individual that a mail has been sent to the list.

Embarrassing, messages like this, assuming a "nefarious reason" for something quite ordinary, don't you think?

None of this has any bearing on the cogency of the alleged "Rossi conspiracy." As with most Matters Rossi, we don't have enough information to do more than flap the meaning-making machine, which can churn out endless speculations. I think Guenter was just having fun. He seems to have some level of grasp of the situation, more than can be said for many others.